Monday, December 04, 2017

Is there a mountain in your life? An obstacle in your way, keeping you from moving on with God? We’ve all had them, including some of your favorite Christian artists. Through their trust and determination God helped them beat their fears, addictions, sicknesses, and limitations, and He’ll do the same for you.
We may not all struggle with stage fright, Crohn’s disease, or losing fifty pounds. But the obstacles we face in our own daily lives are just as important to God. Whatever our walk of life may be, if we lean, trust, and rely on Him, He’s sure to make a way for us!

PLUMB: When I was thirteen years old I was diagnosed with just about every single stomach disorder you could imagine. They thought I had colon cancer; they thought I had cysts. I was desperately ill. When I got scared my stomach would be unbelievably painful, so I was basically afraid of being afraid. Between the ages of thirteen and nineteen, I didn’t go a day without a stomach spasm. I told God, "I don’t ever want to leave Atlanta, and I don’t ever want to travel. I don’t ever want to move away from home, away from my doctors," because I got so sick all the time. And God said, "You know what? I’m going to move you out of Georgia, and I’m going to move you into an apartment by yourself. You’re going to travel for a living, singing and doing exactly what you thought you couldn’t do." When I was nineteen-and-a-half I was asked to do a background singing job. I did it, and it led to here. I‘d never be able to do what I’m doing today if my stomach were still the way it was. But God was bigger than me, and He had bigger plans than I did. Since I stepped out in faith I haven’t been sick anymore.  

REBECCA ST. JAMES:
My biggest personal obstacle that He’s allowed me to overcome is fear. You know, fear of being up in front of people on stage, all on my own. I started singing when I was thirteen and it was "little me" standing up there, and no one else. That was pretty scary at times. I remember looking out and seeing all the young people my age and being very intimidated. And I remember seeing adults who have a lot more life experience and wisdom than me, and just feeling scared. But I think that’s where prayer came in. Prayer was the one thing that held me together. I would pray, “God, I can’t do this on my own. Be my strength.” And He’s been that for me. I think those hard times made me appreciate the good times so much more.
 


JACI VELASQUEZ:
I lost all my hearing when I was nine years old. Through my parents’ prayers God totally restored it.


IAN ESKELIN:
Worry has been a big obstacle in my life. Several years ago, when I was on tour, I wasn’t even able to sleep. I had insomnia so bad because I worried about everything. I started praying about it a lot, and the Lord delivered me and set me free. When I pray I have a way more relaxed attitude about everything.  





No comments: