Monday, December 04, 2017

MEREDITH ANDREWS:
One of the most exciting times in a young person's life is when they are dreaming big dreams and standing on the verge of their calling, but it can be an equally confusing and scary time as well. I remember going back and forth during my last couple years of high school and well into college, switching my major a few times and praying hard about where God was leading me. One thing is certain, God is in control. He can be trusted, and if He is sovereign enough to breathe life into our lungs and place us on this earth, you can believe He has a sovereign plan for each of us. Jeremiah 29:11-14 is a familiar passage, but I would encourage you to read it and apply the promises in these verses to your life. Seek the Lord with all your heart, ask Him to clearly show you what to do and where to go. Also, ask yourself these questions: What are my God-given gifts and desires? In other words, what am I good at? What do I love doing? All my life I have been passionate about leading worship through music and loving on underprivileged children. During my junior year of college I was wrestling with what the Lord was calling me to do when I graduated, but it was staring me right in the face the whole time. Pointing people to Jesus by singing and writing about His truth and love along with giving of my time and energy to help needy children were the things that made me feel most alive. These were the avenues that showed me God's heart the most and they are the things that are still burning in my heart today. Scripture must always be our barometer, and God will never tell us to do something that will contradict His Word. But He most likely won't tell you to go to medical school in a head of lettuce either. He has placed desires and abilities within you, and when you team these passions up with prayer and God's Word, you will know what the Lord has called you to do and will have the confidence to carry out this sovereign plan for His glory.


DUSTIN RUTH (Ruth):
 I think teen girls and teen guys can have their dreams fulfilled just the same. Being a teen and wondering what to do with your life is a hard thing to go through. Don't get me wrong, I think direction changes all through out your life, but people face this reality during their teen years for the first time. The best thing I can suggest that has worked for me is to try and remember to ask God for direction and seek His dreams for our lives. It says in the Bible to "seek God first always and he will give us the desires of our hearts." If He places a desire in your heart (because you're seeking Him first), I guarantee He'll make your dreams/desires come true. One thing I've found is that 9 times out of 10 they don't look the way we thought they would in the end, but they're more fulfilling. This is truly living.















JOHN COOPER (Skillet):
I guess it was a combination of things. One is that music is one of the only things I’ve ever been any good at (laughs). So that helped. The possibilities were not endless! Christian music affected me so much as a kid. I used to think if I ever played in a band it would be a Christian band. I never even considered not playing in a Christian band, actually. Then when I was in college I had a band and I thought, “Would I actually want to do this for a living instead of having some other kind of job?” It was always a really easy answer for me. Yes, I would rather do that. When I was about twenty was when I knew from the Lord, and my pastor really encouraged me in my music, is when I really felt like yep, this is what I’m gonna do. If in the end I’m wrong and God’s not calling me to this the very worst that happens is that I waste a couple years of time I could’ve been in school failing. (Laughs.) I feel certain this is the Lord, and my pastor prayed with me and also felt that it was from the Lord, and that helped.



 

No comments: